Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Why this Blog?

In 2009, we organised a Training programme at SIT on Fundamentals of Investments titled 'FINSIGHT'.  The programme evoked good response with about 70 participants from various walks of life.  Subsequently, the idea of starting a blog for sharing thoughts/concepts and ideas relating to finance struck me.  But it took some time for me to actually do so.

This blog - Finsight - aims at sharing thoughts/ideas/concepts/analysis and real life experiences from the world of Finance.  Hence its sub-title is 'Insights from the World of Finance'.  I percieve three types of people interested in this blog.
  1. My Students: I would be scribbiling my ideas regularly relating to the concepts taught in the class room.  Sometimes it so happens, that after I complete a session, I feel as an after thought, that the same concept could have been explained in a much better manner; or I feel that there are some more relevant examples/illustrations to make the concept more clear; or there may be some extensions of the concepts.  I would like to scribble all these through this platform.
  2. My ex-students: During the last 15 years I had the opportunity of teaching some highly intelligent students.  Today they are occupying various positions in the industry.  I would request them to share their experiences and add their wisdom to the posts that I make.  This would result in a process of collective learning for all of us.
  3. My Friends: I am sure many of my friends would like to keep track of some of the basic and latest concepts/practices in Finance.  
 A Warm Welcome to FINSIGHT.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sir, Suresh here( 05-07 batch marketing)great initiative i guess this will be a platform for further learning for both present as well as x students.

    Cheers

    Suresh

    ReplyDelete
  2. when i chose marketing, missing ur classes was my regret now its not anymore im looking forward for this sir :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sir, Missing those Finance classes and the chit chats we (Menon, Harish, Seetaram, myself & the finance guys at times) used to have sometimes after classes...Would love to come back to your class sometime again. May be this blog will help to fill that void..
    Anyhow, Looking forward to the interesting things you have to say...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank u sir,
    i would love to attend ur classless again.. here to some extent my wish is full filled:)

    ReplyDelete